Sunday, November 18, 2007

At My Destination

I have arrived in Nanning, Guangxi! I wanted to update you all while I was in Guangzhou but I was having Internet problems. I am in my hotel right now and I want to give you a quick update on how I am doing before I take a nap.
The plane ride from LAX to Guangzhou was 15 hours but not that bad. I slept a good portion of the way. When I was not asleep I was walking around to stretch my legs; or watching one of the movie selection that they had on repeat. The food on the plane was pretty good too. I actually met up with one of the four families while in LAX, the Gees. We were on the same flight from LAX to Guangzhou. We were able to meet for the first time and that was great. They are very excited to be getting their daughter this evening (11/18). They are not here in Nanning with me; but are in another city and province. I have added pictures of us as we stood outside by our plane after we landed in Guangzhou.
Once I landed in Nanning, I met our guide Michael. He was holding a sign with my name on it. I kind of felt important! There were quite a few people there with peoples names on signs. I was really happy to see mine. He even pronounced it correctly too! He will be with the families and I while we are here for the next 5 days, and he is a native of Nanning. I was the first one to arrive today in Nanning. The other 2 families will get here in the evening. We will all meet downstairs later. I am looking forward to seeing them. I am sure that they will have great stories to tell, as they have been visiting different cities in the Guangxi Province before coming to the capital city Nanning.
That's all for now. I will update more after the families arrive!

10 comments:

Jennifer said...

I am so glad to see that you made it safely... I will check your blog on a daily basis to see how your trip is going! Have fun girl!!

Jen S.

Anonymous said...

I am glad you had a good flight. Get some sleep, but resist the urge to nap during the day. If at all possible get outdoors in the daytime to help get over the jet lag. Have fun!

Dana S.
Kansas

Chrissy Bruso said...

Love you girl! Glad you're safe in Nanning!

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

Hey Aisha - Glad you are safely in Nanning! I can't wait to see the posts of the babies - that is the most amazing thing. I saw Darci's blog and it looks as if they will be meeting little Danielle in about 5 hours! Enjoy every minute. So, have you found a McDonald's? Lucy H

Anonymous said...

I miss you already. Thank you so much for spending time with me Wednesday. Have a Blast, I know you will Miss Diva. : )

Smooches,
Ms. J

Anonymous said...

Aisha...so glad to see you made it safely! I am loving the pictures!! Can't wait to see photos of cute babies. :)

Karin

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. So cool to see the Gees with you. But can you imagine standing in front of an airplane in Atlanta!?!? no Way!

heh heh ... love ya, Karen H

Anonymous said...

Hey Aisha! This is a pretty cool blog. I'm enjoying the pics and accounts of your trip. Keep it going. Have fun and be safe.

Haj

Anonymous said...

Hello... my dear I have JJ here to help me send this to you. I'm on it now my dear.

MOM

Dan and Liz said...

I am working on the current WC babies through various channels. I hope and pray something comes through. Have a safe and wonderful trip. It is an amazing country with beautiful people and children. When you are part of something like this- you realize how BIG and Fabulous God's Plan is. Enjoy every moment as you experience The Plan Unfolding and know that HE is so Good.

Liz Dan Zach and Michelle Caixing
Happy Thanksgiving