Saturday, November 17, 2007

China-or-Bust!

Or Bust is right! As I began my journey to China on the evening of the 16th, I realized that I had left my China tickets at work! (Note to self: keep your passport and tickets together.) Anyhow, I received my ticket and we are back on track to China. I am actually writing this entry as I sit in LAX waiting for my flight to Guangzhou that leaves at 11:50pm.
As I am sitting here at the terminal waiting, I am surrounded by families that are also going to China to adopt their children. It is very exciting to see the parents and children that are eagerly anticipating seeing and holding their children, and new sibling, for the first time. As I prepare to board the plane it is hitting me-OMG I going to China :) ! I can't wait to update you all once I land.
Here are few pictures of my luggage, the sky cap who helped me catch my first plane as I journey to China; and my gate to my Guangzhou flight!

2 comments:

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

Hey Aisha - Glad you were able to get your tickets! You can imagine how scatter-brained the parents-to-be must feel as they try to collect everything they need. Hope you were able to get some sleep on the flight. We saw the new HOPE video at 3rd Friday and it was so good. We just loved it. Can't wait to see how your trip unfolds! Enjoy

Lucy and family

Anonymous said...

Hi Aisha,

I am just so glad that you can laugh about all of this. Thanks so much for sharing your experience with all of us. I can't wait to read about your trip as it unfolds. Be safe, and enjoy every second of your experience!

Patricia