Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I'm Going to China!

Hi! As China Program Assistant Director at HOPE for Children, Inc., I am making my first adoption trip to China in 2 days (November 16, 2007)! It still has not sunk in yet that I am going to China...maybe once I have packed for my trip and I am boarding my plane it will :) . I will be joining 2 HOPE families in Nanning China. I am absolutely thrilled to be participating in this part of their adoption journey. Being able to be there when they meet their daughters for the first time is truly a blessing. We will also be meeting up with 2 other HOPE families, who are getting their children, when we go to Guangzhou for their Consulate Appointments during the second half of their adoption trip.

I have enjoyed reading many of the HOPE families blogs as they have journeyed through the adoption process. It is my sincere hope and prayer that through this blog of my journey you will be able to experience my trip to China with me. Since I will be able to experience the adoption process first hand, I look forward to being able to apply what I learn on this trip as I continue to help families through the adoption process.

Please feel free to post your comments while I am in China. I would love to hear from you while I am in China. Please also pray for a safe and encouraging trip for the families and I.

Sincerely, Aisha

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute blog I can't wait to read it as you travel.

Anonymous said...

Hey girlfriend.

I’m so excited that you get to make this HUGE trip to China. I hope you have fun with the other families and have fun being a tourist. I am grateful for your heart to help orphans like you do!

XXOO Karen H

Jennifer said...

OH Girl - I am so excited for you!! A little jealous but so very excited!! I will put your blog in my favs so I can keep up with your trip! Oh and while you are there, find our daughter for us! ;)

Praying for safe travels,
Jennifer & Matt S.

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

This may just make you want to get your own little "China Girl"! Glad to get to experience this! Happy travels!

Harkness family - Doug, Lucy, Sara, Lauren, and Ally

Anonymous said...

Remember, we are all with you in heart! May you have a safe trip and a wonderful experience to remember for a life time! As one of your families you are helping, we are so proud to see you get to take this trip.

Gordon and Patricia Wade

Anonymous said...

Hey look at you! Traveling the world and blogging as you go. That's what's up! What a blessing it is to be a part of this experience. Thanks for sharing this with us. Be praying for a safe trip for all of you.

-Steffers