Saturday, November 24, 2007

Guangzhou!

Hello Everyone, Well we all made it to Guangzhou. We said good-bye our guide Michael in Nanning, and meet up with Jophy in Guangzhou. We also met up with the Millers at the hotel. It was great to be able to finally meet them and their new daughter Sarah Beth. Our Hotel is great! The Victory is a fully renovated hotel that is over a hundred years old. I will post pictures of it later. I have found a few pieces of furniture in the sitting areas that I would love to add to my house. Yes, I know, half way around the world and I am still shopping for my house. Anyway, Saturday morning the families had their physical examines for the their children. That was an event. There is a clinic that it totally devoted to immigration purposes. They only see adopted children and people that are immigrating to or from other places. After that we had lunch Cantonese style. They actually rise our dishes for us at our table (there is a picture of it below). I have been able to meet a lot of adopted families along the way. Being here has totally helped me to have a bigger picture of the work that I am apart of. We are a big family here and we are all here to support and take care of the children. It hit me as I as racing down the concourse to baggage claim with a mother and her newly adopted 1.5 year old. She thought that her bag with all her new baby's official paper work was accidentally taken off the plane when we landed in Guangzhou. We got to baggage claim and after looking for the bag, her friends that accompanied them on their adoption journey showed up with their bag. Talk about a sigh of relief! I didn't know her and the only thing that we had in common was our love for children. I love my job and this is the best part. Here are some pictures from the last 2 days. We are off to the Jade and Pearl market in an hour. I will update you all tomorrow. Enjoy. Oh by the way...Thanksgiving dinner was great! We ate authentic Chinese food.

10 comments:

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

I'm so glad you finally met the Millers! Give them a big HELLO from us! Our girls are good friends with their kids too! Tell Josh (their oldest) that you heard that he and Sara have special nick-names from thier childhood! I won't really tell you what they are, because that would embarass him! Take care!

Chrissy Bruso said...

Glad you're having a great time, girl. Love, Chrissy

Jennifer said...

I am glad you made it. I have been checking your blog daily for updates... I really enjoy looking at your pics. Have a great time...

Take care,
Jen S.

Anonymous said...

Hello my dear, you are having as much fun as I am....that's a good thing.We love you and all that you're doing.
I had a great day today at church and came home and made a big dinner..yes I did cook the turkey and it was GREAT!!!!! We're full. Take care God Bless...Love MOM and Dad

Anonymous said...

Aisha...I am loving your blog!! So glad things are going well. :) Enjoy the shopping in GZ! THe pictures of the new families are so beautiful!

Karin

Anonymous said...

Aisha thanksgiving is a time of quiet refection upon the past and an annual reminder that God has, again, been ever so faithful. The solid and simple things of life are brought into clear focus, so much so that everything else fades into insignificance. Charles Swindoll has said it so well, and you Aisha are living it. We love you so.....

Donna said...

Thanks for sharing your blog. You can email Ann at redthreadchina@yahoo.com to go shopping. Make a big fat Christmas list before you go!

Anonymous said...

Hi Aisha! I finally remembered to look at your blog and it is so great!! I love reading all your details as I imagine us doing the same thing one day. It is so encouraging. Sincerely, Margaret Persing in NJ

Anonymous said...

Morning Aisha, God can pour on the blessings in astonishing ways so that you're ready for anything and everything, more than just ready to do what needs to be done.... This most generous God who gives seed to the farmer that becomes bread for your meals is more than extravagant with you. 2 Cor. 9:8,10
Aisha be blessed. Love you AZ.

Michele Nicholson said...

Aisha,
I've posted to you, but being the computer genius that I am, don't think it went through. I've enjoyed reading your blog and it's getting me excited about my trip in March or April 08 and bringing back a flood of memories from our trip when we got Ellie. It seems surreal that we are doing this again... It's exhilerating and terrifying, like all acts of true faith are. I like the massage idea, we'll have to try that on our next trip over. Our prayers are with you and appreciate so much you going over there so you can experience a bit of what we experience. It will be a tremendous asset to you in helping families through their journey! I remember being there and panicing because Ellie wouldn't bond with me right away. Hope for Children called me frequently to check on me since they knew I was having such a hard time. They helped me get through it and Ellie is a mama's girl now. Good luck and enjoy the trip of a lifetime. We'll keep you in our prayers!
Michele Nicholson